So the other day I was looking online for how to make a good blog button. I don’t have superb art skills, but I wanted something personalized, unique, and professional-looking for my blog. Needless to say, I found it. I’ll be posting my new blog button soon. I hope this helps many bloggers figure out and learn to personalize their own blogs!
Some Additional Tips:
- Make sure the images you use for your blog button are free to use. Wallpapers should be okay, as well as stock images. You can purchase stock images as well, or ask artists on websites such as deviantART to draw something for you.
- Always download your blog button in the largest possible size. This way, you can shrink it if you need to.
- The features I used in the video aren’t the only ones. Explore the features, because they’re all really cool.
- Don’t overcrowd your blog button. Overcrowded blog buttons look awful.
- Be sure to balance it out. Don’t just leave a big empty space with everything else filled. Fill up the space or leave another big space.
- With Pixlr Express, you can only undo the last thing you typed or placed, so be careful!
- Remember to use dark, heavy fonts if your colors seem to be blending with their background
- Remember, there are plenty of other blog button-making softwares available. I just like Pixlr Express because it’s fun, simple, easy-to-use, and completely free.
(Feel free to download any and feature them on your own blog :P)
Need help with anything else, blog-and-tech-wise? Leave a comment and I’ll make a video or write a post!