Cafe Maggieato nominated me for The Lighthouse Award! Eep. I’m so excited. It’s really a big honor to get this award, let alone any. Look at me. I’m so excited I’m using wrong grammar. So please excuse me if this post seems really broken, it’s because I’m so jittery and excited I can’t even get my thoughts formulated correctly.
Just. Just. Wow.
This award is given to “a blog that brings light to a dark world.” Personally, I have always considered myself a bit of a pessimist. When I started volunteering, bringing light to animals’ lives was my goal, and I think I’ve been doing it well. But I really never thought that I could bring light to humans’ lives, let alone people I have never even met.
So, here are the rules:
- Display the award certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
- Share three ways that you like to help others.
- Nominate as many bloggers as you like!
Three Ways I Like to Help Others:
- Inspiration. I like to inspire people, and that’s the goal of many of my blog posts.
- Pits4PEACE. I love pit bulls, having a pit bull mix myself, and I want to support pit bull owners and spread awareness. So I guess this is my little contribution to the world. I hope that by educating others on pit bulls and making them aware of them, I can make both pit bulls and their owner’s lives a little bit better.
- Animal rescue work. I volunteer at an animal rescue, and I love it. When I get to see dogs or cats adopted, any dog or cat, it just makes me so happy, because I know it’s going to make two lives just a little bit better. If you are ever suffering, or feel depressed, I will always tell you to go out and get a dog or a cat, because let me just tell you: your whole world will be so much brighter because of it.
Aaand, Now for Nominations:
(These are in no particular order).
- Foster and Photograph. This girl has been through so much in her young life, and she has the courage to work through it, and even write about it. And now, she gives back by fostering border collies. I approve!
- C is for Crocodile. These moms are so strong and powerful, remembering their son who died from cancer. Every time I read their blog, I just think about how lucky each one of us are to be here, alive and healthy.
- Rarasaur. Rawr! Even though she’s not currently able to blog, Rara is still making my world so much brighter. Keep being the optimist!
- The Butterfly Theorem. This girl can write! She’s so optimistic, and even her blog’s name is a happy place to be.
- Happily Polly. This girl is such a talented writer, and she’s so optimistic, even through her health problems. She works to find solutions, and continues doing what she loves!
- Pit Bull Parents. This blogger loves to spread love for pit bulls throughout her blogging community! Keep going! (the site was relocated to blogger. You can find the new site here.)
- The Loony Teen Writer. Her site is just one amazing place to be!
- The Half and Half Blog. Her blog is so inspirational, and such a funny place on the interwebs. Keep doing what you do!
- Finding Lucy Lulu. An inspirational tail (see the pun there?) about a dog who rescued her owner.
I’ve always thought nine’s a good number, so that’ll be just about it!
Phew! It was hard work deciding. I kind of just wanted to nominate every blog I follow, but alas, that’s a lot of writing and linking for one girl!
Thanks again to Cafe Maggieato! ❤
And don’t forget to keep smiling. 😀