Well, Desiree B over at Inky Tavern apparently linked to the wrong blog, because she nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Okay. I’ll cut to it. The very first thing on my agenda is to send Desiree a ton of love and hugs because this really means a lot to me. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Half the time, I spend thinking I’m a mediocre writer wasting her time, and then I realize that people actually like my stuff. As Desiree put it when I asked her why she nominated me of all people, she said:
I enjoy reading your posts because I can relate to them. That’s why I nominated you 😛
This honestly just means so much to me, I’m honored. As I’ve said before, I can’t even imagine that people are inspired by me. It honestly does mean a lot. ❤ So, thank you, Desiree. And thank you, to everyone else who supports me in my blogging antics.
And Now for the Rules:*
- The nominee shall display the Very Inspiring Blogger Award logo on her/his blog, and link to the blog they got nominated from.
- The nominee shall nominate fifteen (15) bloggers she/he admires, by linking to their blogs and informing them about it.
*I’ve seen different versions of these rules browsing around, but this is the set I got tagged with, and so follow them, I will!
And Now For My Nominees…
I just want to let you know that you’re in no particular order… I love you all equally!
- Adri from Foster and Photograph: Honestly, Adri deserves to be nominated for every award I get ten times over. She is the entire reason I even created my blog. Every day, she inspires me by putting up posts about how her dogs changed her life, the same way my dogs and volunteering changed mine. Her story is so relatable to mine, and she’s helped me with so many things, though she doesn’t even know it. So, thank you Adri. I even named by blog after yours 😛
- Mel of Ink Out Loud: Ink Out Loud was also a major part of the inspiration for my blog–well, the writing half. How she comes up with such good content, I really don’t know. Somehow, she just does. And it’s amazing. Every one of your posts deserves to be Freshly Pressed. And liked 100 times. I can’t even express how awesome I think your blog is 😛
- The Paper Butterfly from The Paper Butterfly: This girl inspires me to write so much. With every comment she leaves, she makes me feel a little bit happier, and better about my work. I have never heard her say a single bad thing about… anyone. And the way she deals with her sickness is just breathtaking. Thank you for being an amazing support.
- Wild Spirit on the Loose from [Pen to Paper]: Amazing writer, great blog, inspiring. What else can I say? She’s just amazing, and I find myself just agreeing with her on so many things. I’m so glad to have met her!
- Alison from The Cheap Reader: “A pseudo librarian’s thoughts on books”… even her tagline is just mesmerizing! Lovely book reviews and a lovely person. From her little book surveys to her book reviews, she makes my day with every post! (Plus she loves Doctor Who! How is she not inspiring?!)
- Heather McCubbin from Pushing the Pen: I’m so glad I met Heather! We have a similar writing process, and I just love her blog! She was among the first bloggers who made me realize how much I can do as a blogger, and all the potential every single one of us has. So go Heather! Keep writing, friend 😀
- Jeana Chapman from A Teen With a Dream: Jeana’s a relatively new blogger, but her writing is just phenomenal (you can check out her novel, Breaking Silence… the emotions are just so powerful!). I’m very excited to see what her writing endeavors will turn out!
- Kate from Ravings of a Dead Poet: Kate was in my Camp NaNoWriMo cabin this year, and me and some of the other bloggers in our group managed to convince her to start a blog. She’s been doing amazingly well (wayyy better than I did when I first started blogging… she’s already gotten nominated for a couple blog hops and things, and that in itself is pretty inspiring). She’s an incredibly driven writer, and I’m delighted she ended up in my cabin!
- Eternity from EternityBlogs: Eternity was also in my cabin for Camp NaNoWriMo this year, and somehow, she also started a blog. Also amazing. Also doing much better than I did when I started blogging. Also an amazing writer. Also, she writes so much more than the rest of us. She makes me feel like a lazy writer, which is a good thing 😀 What can I say, our cabin is just full of amazing writer-folk, isn’t it?
- Carly from Pit Bull Parents: Carly was inspired to make her own blog supporting pit bull advocacy. If that’s not very inspiring, I don’t know what is! You go, Pit Bull Parents (both the blog and the people!) 😀 ❤
- Robert, Jen, and, Of Course, Boomer from The Gray Homestead: I found their pit bull, Boomer’s, story very inspiring, so of course I nominated them all for the award. Recently, they moved to Springfield, MO, and Boomer must be registered and muzzled in public. They continue to fight against BSL–all of you, keep fighting!
- Lucy Lulu of Finding Lucy Lulu: The tale of Lucy Lulu, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier who rescued her owner. She’s adorable–and she’s such an ambassadog for all pit bulls. You go Lulu!
- Emily of The Loony Teen Writer: Emily’s blog is just so funny! And has such great book reviews! And the GIFs!! Her blog was the inspiration for my own “My Review Policy” page. If I could pull of book reviews half as well as she does… well. I can’t.
- Polly from Happily Polly: Polly’s amazing use of the theme we both use inspired me! Her blog is just plain amazing. It’s what inspired me to redesign my own blog!
- Caffe Maggieato from Just Get It Written: Amazing writer, and blogger. She inspires me so much every time I read one of her posts. Basically: why hasn’t she been nominated for this award before?!
People Who Would’ve Gotten the Award But Already Had It…
- Victoria from Coffee. Write. Repeat.: One of the most amazing, inspiring blogs I follow! Go show her (a lot) of love!
- Mara from Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog: So. Many. Amazing. Pictures. And Words. I think I’ve said enough.
- Morgan from Teen Enthusiasm: Morgan was another one of my amazing inspirations. Alas, she had already received the award just before I posted my nominees!
- Desiree from Inky Tavern: What can I say, this girl? She’s so kind! And her blog. Oh, her blog. Had she not nominated me, she would’ve made my nominee list!
Others Who Nominated Me…
A big thank-you to D.R.Sylvester from WRITES & RESPONSIBILITIES, who nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, as well as the One Lovely Blog Award!
Also, another thank-you to Spirit from [Pen to Paper], who also nominated me for this award. It means a lot, thank you 🙂 ❤
Aaaand another great big thanks to Kate from Ravings of a Dead Poet, who nominated me as well! Means a lot 🙂 (P.S… Kate’s my Camp NaNoWriMo ‘mate… you should go check out her blog!).
And, Because I’m Apparently Inspiring, Some Words of Wisdom:
For the longest time, no one commented, liked, and much less followed my blog. But then, they came: the commenters, waltzing out of the blue and dropping their words into the comments field on my blog. And now I love them. Friends who had started blogging after me got awards much faster than I did. But I kept on blogging. And, nearly a year later, I sport two lovely, heartfelt awards on my blog. So my apparent “lesson”: keep blogging. Keep writing. Keep working hard. It’s worth it.
Thank you guys! I appreciate all of you, even if you didn’t make this list! ❤ Just because you don’t have an award definitely doesn’t mean your blog isn’t worth it. Base your happiness off of what you think.
I know this post was a bit long, but I just felt the need to explain why I love all of these blogs so much! I’ll be leaving a note on every one of my nominee’s blogs tomorrow… I want to let them be surprised (if they didn’t already see it coming 😛 ) when they read this 😀 ❤