Welcome to Bookish Barkings, edition two! First up some bloggish announcements.
- Um… I have the best followers ever?! I don’t know. Right now, I kind of want to be LAZY and sit here in a corner of my room all day like a hermit and do homework and read books and waste time and practice clarinet and study. So there’s that.
- I’m sorry I haven’t posted for so long! School has been VERYYYY busy, and I’ve been trying to keep everything going, but it looks like this is going to become Biweekly Bookish Barkings or Monthly Bookish Barkings or something like that.
- I READ THE RAVEN BOYS, GUYS! BE PROUD OF ME. I liked it quite a bit… but it just wasn’t quite five stars for me? Maybe the genre just wasn’t my thing. But Stiefvater. Seriously. She needs fewer talents. Like, do you even follow her on Instagram? She is THE OVERLORD OF ALL THINGS ART.
- ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO Amazon decided to be nice and send me a $10 voucher for Kindle books! And considering I read on my Kindle a lot, I was very excited. So now I own And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and The Silkworm by
J.K. Rowling‘scuse me, Robert Gailbraith.
- OH and The Dream Thieves (Stiefvater!) came in for me at the library. So overall a good bookish week. AND did I tell you about The Year Of Lear by James Shapiro? Well I got it for review. And it is Shakesperian historical brilliance contained in a book.
- AND THEN Blue Lily, Lily Blue came in! And I read it! And I loved it! And now this is one of my favorite series! And G A N S E Y! I need The Raven King and I need it stat.
If you aren’t following Maggie Stiefvater on Instagram, I don’t know what you think you’re doing with your life.
I, on the other hand, was creative as I schemed to obtain the most amount of books possible through gifts, since the holiday season is coming up.
- Dare I say school happened this week? Trust me guys, my life is not as interesting as I make it out. I go to school, I learn, I come home, I do homework, I procrastinate, I do extracurriculars, I go to bed at ridiculously late hours, I then get out of bed because I forgot to do a piece of said homework, I go back to bed, I sleep for an overlong amount of time, wake up, run around like a headless chicken, somehow find everything, get to school on time, and begin the cycle again.
- OH I watched The Theory of Everything. I mean, I didn’t really LIKE it much. Maybe it was just me? Everyone else seems to love it. Maybe it’s because I just don’t like intellectual movies? Or maybe it was the romance that got me. I don’t know.
- ALSO DOCTOR WHOOOOOOO. It’s back. And SURPRISE. The new season isn’t annoying me as much as I thought it would. Also doo-wee-oo.
- Did I mention the Awesomeness of Stiefvater? Well I should have if I haven’t.
- IS ANYONE ELSE SOBBING WHILE THEY LIVE IN AGONY WAITING FOR THE RAVEN KING AND TORN BETWEEN I-NEED-MORE-STIEFVATER-WRITING AND I-NEED-GANSEY-TO-REMAIN-ALIVE?! Because I am, in case you couldn’t tell.
- You should all go follow @maggie_stiefvater for some terrifyingly good arting and a chance to cry and eat ice cream because TALENT. Just sayin’. Also after you follow Stiefvater, you should go follow @booksandbarker because you are kind people. *insert mandatory self-promotional piece here*
- So I’m kind of trying not to drown under five APs this year, so to make learning more fun and help other students who are as insane as me, I created AP Nerderie! I’m trying to post stuff about bio and APUSH, etc., so that when I’m procrastinating it turns into “procrastinating” instead of studying turning into “studying,” if you know what I mean.
I didn’t post too much, but I DID discuss my two favorite sci-fi shows! (Click on the images to go to the posts.)